Our History and Mission:
The Ghana-Canada Association of British Columbia (GCABC) was formed
in 1986 with a mission is to serve as a support group for the social
and economic development of Ghanaians and Ghanaian-Canadians and
others who identify with Ghana who reside in British Columbia.
In addition, the GCABC has as its mission to promote friendship,
awareness, participation, understanding and relationship between
Ghana and British Columbia in the areas of friendship, trade, commerce
1) promote and protect the interests of Ghanaian-Canadians in
2) educate ourselves, the youth and the Canadian public about
the history, heritage and current affairs of both Ghana-Canada.
3) provide a forum for activities and events that will promote
cultural awareness as well as culture exchange between peoples of
4) undertake and /or sponsor programmes and activities that allow
British Columbians to learn about Ghana and her rich culture and
5) liaise and collaborate with organizations with similar interests.